The pomelo just seems...intimidating. We've never been so daring as to haul home one of these basketball-sized (OK, Nerf-basketball-sized) citrus fruits. What would we do with that five-pound ball of pith and rind if we didn't like i? Well, good thing that Serious Eats takes it on, because now we realize we've been missing something good. The Grocery Ninja tells us all about the citrus fruit called pomelo
- including what it tastes like and how to pick a good one. We have it on our list now.
More from Serious Eats below, including kombucha, Amanda Hesser's departure from the New York Times, creamed spinach and more.
• Kombucha: A New Artisan of an Age Old Craft
- Mushroom tea - a delightful drink? This man wants you to believe it.
• Amanda Hesser Is Indeed Leaving the New York Times - Serious Eats has an interview with all the details direct from her.
• I Love Creamed Spinach - And we do too! Especially when The Pioneer Woman makes it and gives us all these pretty pictures to drool over.
• Putting the "In" in "Gin" - Gin is in, did you know that? We are big gin fans so we're glad to have the validation.