Ever wondered what clotted cream really looks like, or what bangers and mash refers to? How about toad-in-the-hole? Serious Eats writer Kerry Saretsky enlightens us with a post full of answers for those curious about British food. This plus baked eggs with mushrooms, leek and potato soup, and more below, as we round up our favorite food from our friends at Serious Eats. • Snapshots from the UK: The English Foodstuff Lexicon
- Plus? The difference between fries and chips.
• Dinner Tonight: Baked Eggs with Mushrooms - An easy dinner for one (or two).
• Serious Eats Gift Guide: Toast-Related Accessories - Toast-it bags for celiacs, a crumb-sweeper, and a Mr. Toast doll.
• Leek and Potato Soup - It's soup weather!
• In Videos: How Are Hot Dogs Made? - Do you dare to know?
Previous Good Eats: Holiday Gift Guides