Here's a lovely and appealing recipe from our friends at Serious Eats: a recipe from Gina de Palma, a chef at Mario Batali's New York restaurant and author of Dolce Italiano: Desserts from the Babbo Kitchen
. She is currently researching her next book in Italy, and she sent in this post: Snapshots from Italy: Roman Easter Soup
. The soup is a meaty broth enriched with egg yolks, fresh herbs and lemon juice. The sweet freshness balances the heartiness for a great first course in an Easter feast.
More from Serious Eats below, including Starbucks' newest investment, the battle of high-tech toasters, and pork with arugula and endive.
• Back to the Grind for Starbucks
- Big news! Starbucks is adding Clover machines
to some of its stores. This might actually get us back inside a Starbucks... See our review of Clover coffee
• Dinner Tonight: Pork Tenderloin with Arugula, Endive and Walnut Vinaigrette - This looks delicious! We love pork tenderloin...
• A Guide to Cork City's English Market - A guide to one of the best food destinations in Ireland.
• Battle of the High-Tech Toasters - Cool Hunting rounds up the best of the high-tech toasters. We've mentioned one already, the Alessi Toaster with Bun Warmer, and we actually have a video coming up later of the Breville version, Cool Hunting's top winner..