Whipped cream isn't exactly "eating lite" but the siphons that make whipped cream instantly can be used for more than just the creamy topping. Our friends at Serious Eats explain how cream siphons work and give in-depth instructions and suggestions for using the siphon to aerate other kinds of sauces
More from Serious Eats below, including giant fried eggs in the streets, photos of portion sizes over the years, and a recipe for Italian almond cake.
• Dinner Tonight: Saltimbocca alla Romana
- Delicious, traditional recipe of pounded veal with prosciutto.
• The Streets Are Alive with Giant Fried Eggs - Dutch artist fills streets of a town in the Netherlands with an art installation of fried eggs. No bacon though.
• Increasing Portion Sizes: 20 Years Ago vs. Today - Remember what a cheeseburger looked like 20 years ago? Now check it against today's Whopper.
• Italian Almond Cake - From Wine Bar Food