Every week we round up our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week they're kicking off their gift guides - it is December, after all. They've got stocking stuffers under $30, plus gingerbread cookies, king oyster mushrooms, panettone, and their version of bubble and squeak. Links after the jump.
• Stocking Stuffers, $30 and Under -- A chestnutter, a cut-proof glove, and monogrammed spatulas all make the list.
• Is Panettone the New Fruitcake? -- We actually like fruitcake a lot better.
• Dinner Tonight: Bubble and Squeak -- You've seen our recipe for this comfort food class -- now check out Serious Eats'.
• Serious Cookies: Gingerbread Roll-Out Cookies -- Gingerbread men are a holiday classic, and for very good reason.
• Grocery Ninja: King Oyster Mushrooms, aka 'Drumsticks on Trees' -- The author says they look and taste like one of her favorite foods -- abalone.
Previous Good Eats: Grilled Plum Salad with Gouda and Pecans