Every week we round up our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. What's on the menu this week? Well, we had to sidestep Thanksgiving coverage to show you this Grilled Plum Salad with Aged Gouda and Pecans - it looks mouthwatering and refreshing, but still warm and rich enough for winter. Maybe it's a good starter for Thanksgiving dinner?
More good stuff from Serious Eats below, including Thanksgiving on a cupcake, 30 baking tips from the world's greatest bakers, and chipotle cheddar biscuits. Oh, and the foods we all love to hate at Thanksgiving.
This week at Serious Eats...
• Dinner Tonight: Grilled Plum Salad with Aged Gouda and Pecans - Delicious!
• Photo of the Day: Thanksgiving on a Cupcake - Are cupcakes really over? What does it matter - this fondant-draped Thanksgiving tableau is pretty amazing.
• 30 Baking Tips from the World's Greatest Bakers - A list of great tips from bakers from around the world. Dorie Greenspan, David Lebovitz, Jim Lahey...
• Cook the Book: Chipotle Cheddar Biscuits - Spicy and cheesy!
• Thanksgiving Foods We Love to Hate - We agree with the Gyrating Cranberry Sauce and Marshmallows, but have to take issue with Pearl Onions and Giblets.
Related: Good Eats: Biscuits! Yea!