Each week we bring you our favorite eating and cooking from our friends at Serious Eats. This week there's a quick and easy dinner (cheap, too) from Costa Rica. It has one secret ingredient to give its humble ingredients bold flavor, but it's still one of the quickest weeknight dinners for the summer. Plus there's a corn chowder with cheese, a guide to vinegar, oatmeal cookie pancakes, and more!
• Dinner Tonight: Gallo Pinto - A new way to use black beans.
• Photo of the Day: 'Where the Wild Things Are' Cake - Monster cake!
• Guide to Filipino Vinegars - We didn't know that there are so many vinegars in Filipino cuisine: coconut, palm, cane...
• Dinner Tonight: Corn Chowder with Cheddar - This looks gorgeous and delicious. Summer soup at its finest.
• Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes Recipe - From Joy the Baker, a sweet treat for breakfast.
Previous Good Eats: Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Portobellos
(Image: Nick Kindelsperger for Serious Eats)