Israeli couscous, red lentils, capers, fancy tuna in olive oil. These are just a few of the the pantry items that can be employed to make you a good meal even when your fridge is looking bare. What are your favorite cheap yet versatile pantry staples?
This discussion and more from Serious Eats below, including homemade Nilla Wafers, an apple and cheddar salad, and another version of shrimp scampi.
Today's Delicious Links
• Inexpensive, Versatile Foods in the Pantry - Serious Eats links to SFGate's list and continues the discussion.
• Homemade Nilla Wafers - Whoa! Childhood snack made at home. Leave the box on the shelf.
• Dinner Tonight: Shrimp Scampi with Pasta - Quick and easy - shrimp was in last week's roundup too, and for good reason.
• Cooking from the Glossies: Fig, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Sandwiches - Oh yum!
• Dinner Tonight: Apple, Beetroot, and Cheddar Salad - Sweet, hearty, and autumnal.
Previous Good Eats: Old Bay and Shrimp Scampi