What's going on this week over at Serious Eats? Well, there's this bread and tomato soup, and it looks pretty mouthwatering. This and more in our weekly wrap-up of the best cooking this week at Serious Eats.
• Dinner Tonight: Bread and Tomato Soup
- A thrifty peasant classic - pappa al pomodoro. Uses stale bread and fresh tomatoes, a winning combination.
• Apple brandy for autumn - A discussion of Calvados and other apple brandies.
• Black and Orange Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Bisque with Pumpernickel Soldiers - The Halloween parade marches on with a spicy soup and dark bread.
• Braised Potatoes with Garlic - Anything from a Molly Stevens book is good by us.
• Serious Chocolate: Cocoa Is for Drinking, Not Eating, in the Dominican Republic - Exploring the chocolate harvest in the Dominican Republic.
Previous Good Eats: Good Eats: Vegan Crepes for Breakfast