Every week we bring you our favorite good cooking (and eating) from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we just couldn't pass up these little carrot cakes with goat cheese icing. There's also an 8-dollar meal of mushroom sandwiches, a lesson on cooking with pig's skin, and some more delicious fall muffins.
• French in a Flash: Carrot Muffins with Sweet Chèvre Icing - Ignore the cake mix and just focus on that icing. Chèvre frosting - mmm mmm.
• Hot Mushroom Sandwiches with Sweet Potato Fries - Sweet potato fries? We're in.
• The Nasty Bits: Pig's Skin - With a recipe for Pork Scratchings. Looks good, and oh so bad.
• Barbecue: Pulled Pork - One more pork recipe for your end-of-summer cookouts.
• Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins - These look good to us too!
Previous Good Eats: The Very Best Chocolate Chips for Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Image: Kerry Saretsky/Serious Eats)