There's some good cooking from our friends at Serious Eats this week. They've got pistachio-olive oil cake, feta and herb bread, chocolate-covered bacon turtles and more. Add in deep-fried brains and a virgin Bloody Mary and you have yourself a party.
• Pistachio-Olive Oil Cake - Simple yet bountiful in flavor.
• Chocolate-Covered Bacon Turtles - "First you get the crispy pecans, then the chewy caramel, then the rich dark chocolate, and finally the salty, meaty bacon." Wow.
• Bread Baking: Feta And Herb Bread - A twist on Greek flavors.
• The Nasty Bits: Deep-Frying Brains - Now for something a little adventurous...
• Zero Proof: Virgin Grilled-Tomato Bloody Maria - Bloody Mary without the booze.
Previous Good Eats: Goan Shrimp Curry
(Image: Lucy Baker/Serious Eats)