This plus more favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats in this edition of our weekly roundup. We've got a fried egg t-shirt, the real story behind gruel, a favorite artisanal cheese, and a scrumptious pasta dish below.
• Tropicana, Pepsi Overhaul Packaging - Pepsi is getting kudos for their new look, but Tropicana...not so much. Read all about the controversy (and why Tropicana's new design is bad for color-blind shoppers).
• Gruel, the Real Deal - "Please, sir, can I have some more?" What did Oliver Twist's gruel really taste like? Members of The Royal Society of Chemistry in London have it figured out.
• Fried Egg T-Shirt- A freakishly huge fried egg - bubbles, yolk, and all!
• Dinner Tonight: Pasta with Olive Tapenade - A great pantry meal.
• Serious Cheese: My Favorite American Artisanal Cheese - Jamie Forrest makes us crave Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese; we can almost taste it.
Previous Good Eats: Good Eats: Bacon and Lentil Soup