Red and green isn't always the most appetizing color combination on the plate, but Serious Eats pulls it off here with a great appetizer for the holidays. See this and more below, in our weekly roundup of our favorite cooking from our friends at Serious Eats. Bartending toys, bankrupt cookies, and curry and spinach below.
• Red and Green Recipe: Baguette Croutes with Brie, Avocado Mousse, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - Looks yummy, holiday or no.
• Dinner Tonight: Spinach with Golden Potatoes - We didn't include a photo of this here, but it looks SO GOOD. Go see, then cook it.
• Archway Cookies Also Saved From Bankruptcy - Archway joins Mother's as the second cookie company bailed out from bankruptcy. Yay!
• Meat Lite: Eggs Any Style Shaksouka - This sounds really delicious; we want to try it soon.
• Serious Eats Gift Guide: For the Mixologist - A good roundup of bar toys for your favorite mixologist.
Previous Good Eats: Good Eats: The English Foodstuff Lexicon