Every week we round up our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. Today we have a lot of good eating, particularly this dish from Gina of Babbo: Spaghetti All’Ubriaco, or spaghetti cooked in red wine. What? Strange sounding? Yes, to us too, but Gina makes it sound ever so delicious. Plus, West Indian rice and beans, making burrata in Italy, and tsokolate, Pinoy hot chocolate.
• Seriously Italian: Spaghetti All’Ubriaco - This recipe sounds so easy, and quintessentially Italian: spaghetti, red wine, garlic, olive oil, parsley. Spaghetti cooked in red wine!
• Snapshots from Italy: Making Burrata, the Meta-Mozzarella, in Puglia - Watch the workers knot those little balls of hot mozzarella by hand. Wow.
• Dinner Tonight: West Indian Rice and Beans - An easy staple with a consistency like comfort-food risotto.
• Grocery Ninja: Tsokolate—Smokey, Nutty, Pinoy Hot Chocolate - Cocoa, ground together with sugar and nuts for a pleasant smoky grittiness, and poured until frothy. Sounds delicious.
• Meat Lite: Spring Greens and Strip Steak Salad - Less than a pound of meat and big salad can serve four when you mix them up like this. Is it time for spring salads yet?
Previous Good Eats: Pancake Mountain T-Shirt
(Image: Gina DePalma for Serious Eats)