Composting kitchen scraps is a great way to reduce waste and produce nutritious food for your plants in the process. Even without outdoor space, you can still compost using an indoor system, or through compost pick-up services available in certain cities. Check out our favorite composting buckets and bins, along with a few tips for making the most of your composter.
COMPOST BUCKETS & BINS
• Bamboo Compost Crock from Gardener's Supply Company
• Stainless Steel Compost Pails from Lee Valley
• Compost Buckets Under the Coutertop: 4 Examples
• Best Kitchen Composters
• Review: Naturemill Kitchen Composter
• Review: Freezer Compost Bin from Fuccillo
MORE ON COMPOSTING
• Who Knew? 75 Things You Can Compost
• Good Question: Compostable Kitchen Sponges?
• Do You Compost Your Kitchen Waste?
• Urban Composting Service in Austin
Related: Waste Not: Cooking With Fruit & Vegetable Trimmings
(Image: Flickr member kirstyhall licensed under Creative Commons)