To me, nothing says Superbowl Sunday like Buffalo wings. They're a bit of a secret food indulgence for me. But the truth is, while I love the tangy sauce, sometimes chicken wings aren't always up to par. I've been on the lookout for more interesting uses of the sauce and found a few that only improve on the classic. That tangy, spicy sauce has no match, except maybe sweet and spicy Korean fried chicken. If you're cooking for a die-hard Buffalo sauce crowd, check out the following non-wing ideas.
• 1. Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip, from Gourmet.
• 2. Mac and Cheese with Buffalo Fried Chicken, from Bon Appetit.
• 3. Buffalo Style Grilled French Cut Chicken Breasts with Blue Cheese Sauce and Jicama, from Bobby Flay.
• 4. Buffalo-Chicken Quesadillas, from Katie Lee via Cosmopolitan.
• 5. Mini Spicy Buffalo Chicken Balls with Blue Cheese and Hot Sauce, from Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow via The Martha Stewart Show
What's your favorite Buffalo sauce recipe?
(Images: John Kernick, Brian Leatart, Food Network, Lara Robby, MarthaStewart.com)