From sandwich loaves to pizza dough, naan, and scones, Ellen Brown's Gluten-Free Bread has a recipe for just about any form of bread you could ever crave.
• Who wrote it: Ellen Brown
• Who published it: Running Press
• Number of recipes: 100+
• Recipes for right now: Oatmeal Molasses Bread, Garlicky Garbanzo Bean and Herb Bread, Buttery Almond Bread, Spiced Raisin Bread, Pumpkin Cornbread with Roasted Corn, Maple Sweet Potato Rolls
Millet Buckwheat Bread, French Baguette, Sourdough Boule, White Toasting Bread, Old-Fashioned Dinner Rolls, Bagels, English Muffins, Hamburger Buns, Scones
• Other highlights: With all the different flours, starches, and other alternative ingredients, baking without gluten can seem complex and intimidating. However, Ellen Brown does a terrific job explaining the essentials and providing recipes that are easy to follow.
Rather than rely on an all-purpose gluten-free flour, each recipe has a particular combination of ingredients for ultimate flavor and texture. And the variety of textures and flavors is impressive. Brown provides recipes for standards like toasting bread, dinner rolls, and hamburger buns, as well as whole grain and seeded breads and international breads like lavash, socca, arepas, and injera.
(A note for those with additional food restrictions and sensitivities: Although it's possible you could adapt them for your needs, many of the recipes include xanthan gum, eggs, and dairy.)
• Who would enjoy this book? gluten-free folks or those baking for them
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Gluten-Free Bread: More than 100 Artisan Loaves for a Healthier Life by Ellen Brown
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.