We love a good icebox cookie—dough we can make well in advance and slice off when we're ready. Of course you can bake these cookies to give as gifts, but we think it would be fun to wrap up a log of dough, too. It's quirky, and it doesn't go stale. We've got sweet options as well as a few cheesy, savory ones for a twist.
One caveat: You need to drive fast if you're delivering a bunch of these at once—or bring a cooler. No one wants a mushy log of half-defrosted dough.
• 1. Rosemary-Walnut Brown Butter Cookies, from the Kitchn.
• 2. Chez Panisse Gingersnaps, from the Kitchn.
• 3. Husband-Winning Peanut Butter Cookies, from the Kitchn.
• 4. Earl Grey Tea Cookies, from the Kitchn.
• 5. Pistachio-Cranberry Icebox Cookies, from Gourmet.
• 6. Walnut Blue Cheese Coins, from Martha Stewart.
• 7. Italian Cheese Cookies with Rosemary and Sundried Tomato, from Kayotic Kitchen.
• 8. Scottish Sharp Cheddar Shortbread, from Epicurious.
• 9. Gruyere-Thyme Icebox Crackers, from Martha Stewart.
Would you give frozen dough as a gift? Have you?