There's nothing more disappointing than getting all geared up to clean out your kitchen, only to find that you don't have the proper cleaning supplies and have to run out to get them! Having everything on hand will put you in the right frame of mind to focus on the tasks ahead.
If you're joining us on next week's Kitchn Cure, stock up on these essential supplies so that you're prepared and ready to go!
First off, check our list of essential tools and cleaners that we feel every kitchen should have and make sure you're well stocked:
Once you know which essentials you need to buy or stock up on, here are a couple more things to have around to make sure The Kitchn Cure runs smoothly for you:
- Camera: There's nothing more satisfying than comparing before and after pics of your hard work!
- Sharpie and painter's tape: After you clean and organize, label things before you put them back in the fridge, freezer, or pantry.
- White Vinegar: This handy non-toxic cleaner can clean the oven or polish up stainless steel.
- Baking Soda: Another great non-toxic cleaner that can clean the greasy hood over your stove and your oven.
- Spray Bottle: Useful for cleaning the oven and dispersing cleaners in harder-to-reach areas.
- Airtight Containers: A you organize your fridge, freezer, and pantry, you'll need some airtight food storage containers.
- Clean Toilet Brush or Other Long-Handled, Nylon Bristle Scrub Brush: You probably prefer not to touch anything when cleaning out the trash can, so this tool is your best friend.
- Disinfectant Spray: Feel the satisfaction of a super-clean trash can by using this spray.
- Broom and Mop: You should have these around already, but now's the time to get a new set if what you have is tired or really dirty.
- Music Player: Last, but not least, counteract some of the drudgery of cleaning by having a couple of playlists and a music player in the kitchen!
Got everything? Cheers to you for being well-prepared and ready to tackle the tasks ahead!
The Kitchn Cure Liveblogs
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in a real-life kitchen in our liveblog:
Join The Kitchn Cure!
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions, comments, pictures? Email us at email@example.com
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #kitchncure hashtag.
(Image credits: Matthew Benoit/Shutterstock; The Kitchn)