Once you catch the baking bug, there's no going back. First, you set yourself the goal of mastering basic sandwich bread. Next thing you know, you're flipping out tarte tatins and making batches of fresh pão de queijo at a Brazilian-themed dinner party. Whether you've already got the bug or are hoping to catch it, this round-up of our very best basic baking lessons from the past year is the place to start.
• 1 How to Make Basic Whole Wheat Bread
• 2 How to Make a Fruit Crumble With Any Kind of Fruit
• 3 How to Make Popovers
• 4 How to Make Challah Bread
• 5 How to Make Buttermilk Quick Bread: With 10 Different Variations
• 6 How to Make a Classic Tarte Tatin
• 7 How to Make Easy Homemade Pita Bread
• 8 How to Make Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
• 9 How to Make Rugelach Cookies
• 10 How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
• 11 How to Make Basic White Sandwich Bread
• 12 How to Make Cheese Gougères
• 13 How to Make Socca: A Naturally Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)