We're rounding up our favorite posts from the past year — and today we're looking all the way back to January. We started January with a seriously fresh start: We launched an all-new site design! This was a great way to start the year, and we jumped right into fresh cooking and lighter eating. Here's a look back at 15 of our best posts on eating lighter, packing more vegetables into meals, and making the kitchen a more refreshing place to cook. LIGHTEN UP!
• 1 10 Easy Ways to Eat More Vegetables Every Day
• 2 Tips for Making Better Smoothies in the Dead of Winter
• 3 Hold the Cake: 10 Light Desserts to Satisfy a Sweet Tooth
• 4 5 Questions to Help You Clear Out Unused Goods in Your Pantry
• 5 Why January Is the Time to Purge Your Kitchen of Unused Tools & Gadgets
• 6 Snack Recipe: Raw Avocado Lime Mousse on Rice Cakes
• 7 Recipe: Roasted Beets with Cumin, Lime, and Mint
• 8 Recipe: Blackened Catfish Fajitas
• 9 Recipe: 3-Ingredient Healthy Ice Cream
• 10 Recipe: Baked Panko Rockfish with Gingery Cabbage
• 11 The Rubber Band Trick: How to Keep a Cut Apple Fresh in Your Lunchbox
• 12 Healthy Eating Idea: Double the Vegetables in Any Recipe
• 13 Better Egg Salad: Add an Avocado, Use Less Mayonnaise
• 14 Fast Fix: Five Ideas for Roasted Fish in Fewer Than 30 Minutes
• 15 What Are Your Best Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Diet?
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)