It's Outdoor Month, and we're going to be asking you for photos of your own outside spaces, big or small. But for many of us, the kitchen window is our link to the outside, the one place where light streams into our little kitchen or where we can watch our gardens grow while washing dishes. A kitchen window is a treasure; it lets in light and lets us look out at the seasons. Here's a look at a collection of kitchen windows, inside and out. Do you have a window in your kitchen? TOP ROW
• 1 Kitchen in Cataluña
- Kitchen tools silhouetted in the window. By Flickr member pulguita
licensed for use under Creative Commons
• 2 House Tour: Jora and Bryan's Mid-Century Organic Remodel
- Huge windows that truly bring the outside in.
• 3 A Fashion-Forward Home
- Love how the window opens above the stove; what a good place for an open window!
• 4 Amish Kitchen
- Light is nearly the only adornment in this plain Amish kitchen. By Flickr membercsyork65
, licensed for use under Creative Commons
• 5 View of trees from the corner sink
- At Apartment Therapy.
• 6 Cheery orange window - Even though the day looks dreary, this window frames it in bright. Also with a great tip for cleaning windows: wet newspapers! By Flickr member amandabhslater, licensed for use under Creative Commons.
• 7 Eggplant Purple Kitchen - With another window over the stove, flung open to fresh air.
• 8 A tranquil view - By Flickr membergshowman, licensed for use under Creative Commons.
• 9 A lovely place to eat - A huge window with light for eating and cooking. A Small Cool 2009 entry.
• 10 White and green - Plenty of light for plants. By Flickr memberback_garage, licensed for use under Creative Commons.
Do you have a kitchen window? What do you see out of your kitchen window? Show us! Upload a photo of your kitchen window, inside or out, and tag it with thekitchn. If we see a few we'll roundup them up here on The Kitchn.
Related: Kitchen Gallery: Living Plants in the Kitchen