Take a look through our gallery and tell us all about your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
Here are some dishes from the archives that we think we would work very well on the Thanksgiving table. Some are more traditional than others; some are downright healthy. We're hoping to have at least one light and healthy dish, emphasis on the vegetables, this year.
- Potato Dough Rolls - Moist, soft, slightly sweet - perfect for turkey and ham sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving.
- Fresh Cranberry Relish - Tart, sweet, tangy, and fresh. No cans in sight and no cooking required.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Puree with Goat Cheese - An alternative to sweet potatoes, perhaps? This is so warm and cozy, so smooth and creamy.
- Double Corn Bread with Smoked Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - Cornbread for Thanksgiving! This is a great nod to tradition, and the smoked mozzarella really makes this stand out.
- Cabbage Beet Coleslaw - Very bright and pretty.
- Pasta with Butternut Squash, Sage, and Pine Nuts - Pasta isn't very traditional for Thanksgiving, but this has so many of the flavors of the season we couldn't leave it out.
- Braised Escarole with Apples and Bacon - Another great vegetable for the holiday table.
- No-Knead Challah - Rich, moist, and not too difficult. Homemade bread makes such a difference.
- Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Green Beans and Dried Cranberries - A twist on the traditional cranberries.
- Kohlrabi Slaw - One more fresh, crunchy vegetable to balance out all the rich food.
- Roasted Fall Vegetables with Feta Cheese - Or you can just roast all your vegetables at once! Great for smaller parties.
- Greek-Style Braised Green Beans - This is our alternative to the old-fashioned green bean casserole.
- D.I.Y. Cranberry Sauce - A basic recipe for cooked cranberry sauce.
- Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta, Sage, and Pine Nuts - Creamy, cheesy, and rather more healthy than some of the potato dishes we also love.
- Acorn Squash and Roasted Garlic Strudel - A strudel for a side dish or appetizer.
What are you serving as the side dishes on Thanksgiving? (After all, we all know that they're the best part!)
More Thanksgiving recipes:
• Gallery: Holiday Appetizer Recipes from The Kitchn
• Gallery: Thanksgiving Potato Recipes
• Classic Pies from the Bakeoff