We've covered the vegan and vegetarian soups
-- now here's a turn for the meat-lovers. Well, not just the meat-lovers - there are still a few veg-friendly soups in here. But the focus today is on hearty, hefty stews. Ready? Here are ten stews to keep you warm and well-fed.
Soups pictured above, listed in order below. Stews aren't the prettiest things, but any photogenic qualities they lack are more than compensated for by their flavor!
- Soondubu jjigae (Korean tofu and fish stew)
- Rustic Winter Stew
- Artichoke and Lamb Stew
- Classic Beef Stew
- Coconut Fish Stew with Basil, But No Lemon Grass
- Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
- Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
- Spicy Chickpea Stew from Herbivoracious
- Sweet Potato and Tempeh Stew
Related: Roundup: Vegan and Vegetarian Soup Recipes
(Images: Tina Rupp and Emma Christensen)