Cranberries! We can't get enough of them this time of year. Their bright tartness is a mood-lifter all winter too. Here are a dozen recipes that will show off fresh cranberries at Christmas and beyond.
- Cranberry CakeThis can be topped with kirsch-spiked whipped cream, or baked with a topping of sugared pecans.
- Fresh Cranberry SconesA fresh twist on cranberry scones. This recipe calls for fresh chopped cranberries instead of dried.
- Baked Goat Milk Brie with Cranberry SauceA good way to use up leftover cranberry sauce. Try it with Trader Joe's giant wheel of Brie.
- DIY Cranberry SauceA basic recipe for homemade cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried FigsA very different sort of cranberry sauce, suitable for serving all winter long -- great with pork.
- DIY Cranberry JamIf you keep cooking that sauce down you'll eventually get jam -- very good on almost anything! Try with goat cheese and crackers, too.
- Cranberry Hungarian PastryYou can also use that jam in these pretty, delicate pastry bars.
- Apple Cranberry Galette with Stonewall Kitchen Apple Caramel ButterAn easy, lovely winter dessert from our Best Pie Bakeoff.
- Butternut Squash "Winter" Rolls with Spicy Cranberry SauceA seasonal version of spring rolls, using cranberries in a savory role.
- Bittersweet Chocolate Cranberry ShortbreadA buttery treat from our Bittersweet Baking Contest.
- Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Chunk Ice CreamA winter ice cream!
- Fresh Cranberry RelishOne more relish for the winter table; this one doesn't need to be cooked at all.
Any more favorite cranberry recipes out there?
Related: 11 Winter Salads To Eat Right Now