It's usually pretty easy to find things for a cook's holiday stocking. The culinary world is full of little bits of kitchen gadgetry and smartly packaged foodstuffs. But if you're searching for something beyond a clutch of vegetable peelers and Trader Joe's Gift Cards*, then take a look at this roundup of fun and unusual little gifts for the cook.
*not that I wouldn't want these, too!
• Egg Cozies, $18 for set of two
• Recipe Cards, $10 for 16
• Winter Citrus Soap, $8.00
• Linen Origami Food Sacks $22 for two
• Long Handled Spoon, $32.49
• Red Mini-Cleaver, $13.95
• Mulling Spices, $6.00 makes 3 gallons
• Antler Tea Towel, $36.00 AUS
• Baker's Twine, $2.25 for 30 yards
• Handmade Pot Holders, $16 for two
• Kewpie Mayonaise, $4.95
• Horse Head Bottle Opener, $14.95
• Cake Flags, $25 for bundle of 10
• Rancho Gordo Bumpersticker, $1.00 and
• Christmas Lima Beans, $4.95
• Unusual spices such as malab, pink peppercorns and grains of paradise
• Double-Layer Red Stripe Dish Cloths, $5.95
• Vegetable Garden Seeds, $1.50 - $3.50 per pack
• All-In-One Spatula, $5.95
• Handmade Anchor Pocket Knife, $39.70
Do you have any favorite stocking stuffers? What do you like to slip into a cook's Christmas stocking?
Related: Stocking Stuffer Idea: Mini Bags of Coffee