Chocolate is mandatory this time of year. The weather is bleak; we could all use a little nibble of chocolate to sweeten things up. And then of course chocolate goes hand-in-hand with Valentine's Day; it's pretty clichéd to talk about them together. But why shake it up? We all love chocolate, and we don't need to get too fancy with it: Here are 10 of our favorite chocolate desserts from the archives. Chewy cookies, fudgy brownies, and a root beer cake. This is homey chocolate at its best. TOP ROW
• 1 Chocolate Mousse with Olive Oil and Sea Salt - Silky and sumptuous. Also, dead easy.
• 2 Nutty Chocolate Tart - Something nutty and fancy for your love.
• 3 Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies - Pamper yourself and snuggle up on the couch with a plate of these.
• 4 One Bowl Mascarpone Brownies - Fudgy to the max!!
• 5 The Best Chewy Chocolate Cookies Ever (& Low-Fat Too) - No fat and amazingly chewy. My favorite chocolate cookie, by a mile.
• 6 Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownies - When you just want a brownie, this classic is the way to go.
• 7 Chocolate Whiskey Pots de Crème - Pudding fancied up with a little shot of booze.
• 8 Surprisingly Quick Root Beer Chocolate Bundt Cake - A sweet cake for company.
• 9 Double Chocolate Butterscotch Breakfast Muffins - Breakfast? OK, twist our arm.
• 10 Gluten-Free Chocolate Whoopie Pies & Marshmallow Cream - Gluten-free, but anyone can appreciate them.
Are you making something chocolate this week?
Related: Dark, Milk & Cocoa: 7 Recipes for Chocolate Ice Cream
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)