Here are some of our best tips, how-tos, and ideas on roasting chickens. Blow-dryers, brining, and bread salad below.
Roasting a Chicken
• Roasting a chicken for the first time? Check out this step-by-step with photos: How To: Roast a Chicken, Zuni-Style
• Here's a gorgeous example of a finished roast chicken with the classic bread salad from Zuni: Look! Roast Chicken and Zuni Bread Salad
• For those of you who like lemon with your chicken: Lemon Roasted Chicken: Lemon Inside or Out?
• Is a whole chicken too much? Try starting with just chicken breasts. This is a great recipe: Recipe: Roasted Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Fresh Garlic
• A whole book about roast chicken (and other stories)... Book Review: Roast Chicken and Other Stories
• Want crispier skin? Try blow-drying your chicken first. Really!
Prep, Cleanup, and Leftovers
• Use up your leftovers and chicken carcass by making chicken stock. Easy!
• How To Brine Meat - Good for chickens too.
• Another use for leftovers: Dill and Yogurt Chicken Salad
• Do you rinse your chicken? Get the scoop on the health factors here.
• And only for the hardcore urban agriculturist: Raising chickens in New York City
Have you roasted a chicken yet this month? It's still pretty hot out, but we are anticipating the arrival of roast chicken weather very, very soon...