• Dishes based on grains, meats, and/or vegetables freeze very well.
• Dishes with milk and other dairy don't tend to freeze very well. If you'll be freezing all or part of a recipe includes dairy, stop cooking and freeze it just before you would add the dairy. Fortunately, the dairy is added toward the end of most recipes, so it's a simple matter to add it in once defrosted.
• Freeze food in serving-sized portions. Not only is this convenient, but smaller portions thaw more quickly.
• Fill the container that you're going to freeze. This prevents freezer burn and saves space in your freezer.
• Don't forget to label everything! After some time in the freezer, it might not be so easy to tell the vegetarian soup apart from the bolognese sauce!
Freezer-Friendly Meat Recipes
Once reheated, these leftovers will likely be too dry to eat on their own. Instead, re-purpose them in soups, sauces, and fillings.
• Slow-cooked Brisket with Onions
• Spice Seared Boneless Leg of Lamp
• Chipotle-Porter Pot Roast
What are your favorite dishes to freeze?