• Shun Classic ‘Taskmaster’ Shears, $39.95 at Sur la Table: These shears can do anything and cut everything from twine to bones, open bottles and jars, crack nuts, lift lids and more. We really like the comfortable, non stick handles so you can be sure your hands won't get tired or slip while cutting. Plus, there's a magnetic plastic cover that's included.
• Wüsthof Classic Poultry Shears, $59.95 at Williams Sonoma: Stainless steel serrated blades is what sets these shears apart from the rest and certainly makes us overlook the nearly $60.00 price tag. The blades are sharp enough to cut through bones without tearing the meat.
• Messermeister 8-Inch Take-Apart Kitchen Scissors, $15.90 at Amazon: Our favorite part of these scissors is that they come completely apart. That may not seem like an important feature, but it is, especially for cleaning after using on poultry. Can be used with left or right hand!
• Wüsthof® Poultry Shears, $74.95 at Sur la Table: Made from high quality carbon steel, these poultry shears are as traditional as they come with modern upgrades. The ergonomic, non slip handles are an important feature so ensure accidents don't happen. Plus, the shears come with a lifetime warranty.
• J.A. Henckels International Kitchen Shears, $15.99 at Amazon: Made with no-stain steel blades that have been micro serrated for non-slip cutting. The shears are dishwasher safe, but no recommended.
(Images: Williams Sonoma, Sur la Table, Amazon)