Whether it's at our neighborhood diner or in a few of my favorite food magazines, I've been seeing unusual breakfast ideas lately. Dishes we usually reserve strictly for dinner, or just don't envision as morning fare. I jumped on board with breakfast salads and breakfast pizza last year; this year, there's even more to get excited about. At our house, because my boyfriend and I both work from home, breakfast often melds into lunch pretty quickly. If the day gets hectic, we barely make it through one cup of coffee and it's 11:30 by the time I get back down to the kitchen. So we're used to eating savory, more lunch-type items for breakfast. I realize not everyone is. But there really are no rules: a baked breakfast potato is no different than hashbrowns when you get right down to it. We're just so used to eating the latter in the morning instead of the evening.
So I gathered a few of my favorite unexpected breakfast recipes from around the internet in hopes that, when facing a breakfast rut this fall, you too may branch out just a little.
Do you have an unexpected breakfast recipe you love?
Try a Recipe:
• Breakfast Pasta (pictured) - Spoon Fork Bacon
• Baked Sweet Potato with Maple Oat Crumble - Whole Living
• Individual Breakfast Pot Pies - Cake, Batter and Bowl
• Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg- Closet Cooking
• Breakfast Nachos - Joy the Baker
• Cinnamon-Scented Breakfast Quinoa - Epicurious
• Breakfast Empanadas - Handle the Heat
• Trail Mix Breakfast Bites - Cooking With My Kid
• Egg, Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Enchiladas - Oprah
• Breakfast Vegetable Miso Soup with Vegetables - Whole Living
Related: Breakfast Grain Salad with Blueberries, Hazelnut and Lemon
(Image: Spoon Fork Bacon)