Because of its bold flavor, frisée needs a firm hand when it comes to putting together a salad. It goes well with rich, creamy dressings and ingredients that complement its unique flavor and texture. Think: crunchy herbed croutons, cured meats, candied nuts, and tart dried fruits. One of the most classic takes on the frisée salad involves pork belly lardons, a poached egg, and a salad dressing made from the lardon drippings. It doesn't get much better than that!
• Frisée Salad with Red Currants
• Frisée Salad with Lardons and Poached Egg from Epicurious
• Quinoa Salad with Frisée, Eggplant, and Corn from Saveur
• Frisée with Walnuts and Balsamic-Sherry Vinaigrette from The Splendid Table
• Frisée and Green Apple Salad with Goat Cheese Toasts from Martha Stewart
Do you have a favorite salad with frisée?