It's true: the vegetarian recipes you read about in magazines and blogs often contain cheese or are Indian-inspired. So when some of you asked for non-dairy vegetarian meals that weren't necessarily Indian, we jumped at the chance to profile some of our favorite fresh and satisfying options. I was a vegetarian for over fifteen years, and I remember getting a little tired of recipes that always featured tofu or tempeh, or relied on curry for flavor. So for this line-up, we aimed to give a nice variety, not relying too much on soy-based recipes, not featuring too many salads, and steering clear from dairy on the whole. Even happy meat eaters will find something special here. And hopefully vegetarians may find some new cooking inspiration. Fresh and filling: for all!
Try a Recipe:
• Chickpea Veggie Quiche via Bittersweet
• Eggplant Parmesan via Oh She Glows
• Sweet Potato, Corn and Black Bean Hash via Eating Well
• Quinoa, Tofu and Vegetable Casserole via Savvy Vegetarian
• Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup via Joy the Baker
• "BLT" Salad via Vegan Yum Yum
• Avocado Asparagus Tartine via 101 Cookbooks
• Bean and "Cheese" Burrito via Glow Kitchen
• Tomatoes Stuffed with Israeli Couscous Pilaf via Urban Vegan
• Tofu and Broccoli Stir-Fry via Martha Stewart
Related: Vegan Dinners! 15 Vegan Dinner Recipes from The Kitchn
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by Emberz.
(Image: Heidi Swanson via 101 Cookbooks)