Because we love all things about food, eating and 'the culture of the kitchen', and because we also love art works on paper, the website Fine Artichoke clearly was made just for us. This online gallery and shop offers fine art prints with a single theme: Food!
All of Fine Artichoke's works are fine art prints: handmade, limited edition prints of original imagery. Each print is made by hand and is considered an original work of art, not a copy. Most of the editions are small, usually around 30 to 50 copies per print were pulled. You will find silkscreen and relief prints, all with a food theme.
Favorite Prints from Fine Artichoke
• Artichoke Heart by Alison Sahmel, silkscreen, edition of 35: $30
• Meat and Three by Bonnie Kaye Whitfield, silkscreen, edition of 4: $75
• Quarry Hill Orchards by Adam Turman, screenprint, edition of 125: $35
• Eat Locally by Adam Turman, silkscreen, open edition: $45
• Hotdish by Adam Thurman, silkscreen, edition of 200: $20
• Tall Cakes 1 by Madeline Stern, relief, edition of 10: $40
• The Beet by Megan Berk, relief, edition of 100: $50
Visit the Fine Artichoke website for more images and artists, as well as a good explanation on the fine art printmaking process.
Related: Pots on Display: Le Creuset as Kitchen Art
(Images: FIne Artichoke)