Mayonnaise is fantastic without any adornment, of course, but it can also be a great vehicle for fresh herbs and other flavorings. The most famous riff is aioli, which incorporates garlic into the mayo base. Basil is another favorite addition, as in our recipe for California BLTs. Try mixing a little adobo sauce into the mayo for your next burger — so good!
Let's hear from you now: do you make your own mayo? Or do you have a favorite brand that you keep in the fridge?
More On Mayonnaise
• How to Make Mayonnaise
• Homemade Mayo Separated? Here's How to Fix It
• Two Vegan Mayonnaise Recipes
• Maionese de Leite: Milk Mayonnaise from David Leite
• Try This! Put a Cup of Mayo in Your Next Chocolate Cake
• Magical Mayonnaise: Melissa Clark's Tip for Making Smooth Mayo Every Time