Charles Dickens was obsessed with baked apples. Molière went on a milk-only diet for two months. Jane Austen preferred plum cake for breakfast, while Victor Hugo started each day with two raw egg yolks. Go to the article to see the full list, and learn something new!
Read More: Writer Food from A-Z | The Awl
Other Literature and Food Posts
• Fictitious Dishes: What 5 Famous Meals from Literature Look Like
• Literary Drinks: 10 Famous Fiction Writers and Their Cocktails
• What Are Your Favorite Food Scenes from Classic Novels?
• 12 Great Writers and Their Favorite Snacks
• Wordy Thirty: A Literary Food-Themed Dinner Party
(Images: The Awl)