If your holiday shopping list includes cooks, gardeners, lovers of food and handmade goods, vegans, or urban/backyard homesteaders, then you may want to check out the online handmade goods store, Buy Olympia.
Buy Olympia is a small, four-person retail operation located in Portland, Oregon. They started out in Olympia, WA in 1999 (hence the name) in order to sell their friend's handmade goods online. Over the years, they've expanded to include many more artists and crafters and now even have a Portland based storefront and gallery, Land. This year they have a number of great, unique, food-related gifts that won't end up in the to-be-returned pile at the end of the year.
Buy Olympia carries calendars and prints by the paper-cut artist Nikki McClure, current and back issues of the Remedy Quarterly: Stories of Food, Recipes for Feeling Good, vegan and vegetarian cookbooks, unique t-shirts and calendars, and food-themed notecards. All of their food related goods can be found here.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Jill Bliss's Garden Theme Notecard Set, $16.00 for a pack of five.
2. Nikki McClure's 2012 Calendar Inherit, $16.00
3. Neven Mrgan and Jim Ray's Salt & Fat T-Shirt, $20.00
4. Nilina Mason-Campbell's Portland on My Sleeve tote, $22.00
5. Sara Pitzer's Homegrown Whole Grains, $14.95.
Related: Wanting: This is How I Roll T-Shirt
(Images: via Buy Olympia)