• Tryptophan and Post-Thanksgiving Sleepiness - Just a myth or is there actual science behind the Thanksgiving food coma?
• The Difference Between White Meat and Dark Meat - It's all about giving the chicken a work-out.
• Cooking with Marinades - Marinating meat helps to make meat tender and infuse it with great flavor!
• How Does Brining Work? - When marinating isn't quite enough, brines get the job done.
• Understanding the Maillard Reaction - We can thank the Maillard reaction for giving many of our dishes great depth of flavor!
• Why Meat Needs to Rest - Ever wonder why recipes say to let meat rest after you pull it from the oven?
• Why Tougher Meats Make Good Braises - You're not just being frugal - tougher cuts really are better for braising!
Have a question about the science of meat that didn't get answered here? Let us know!