In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Consumer Affairs takes a closer look at imported fish. Plus, exploding watermelons in China, and border bologna smuggling in New Mexico.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• App lets friends rate meals' healthfulness - Washington Post
• Gilt Taste Arrives With Reichl at the Helm - NY Times
• Imported Farmed Fish Not Tested Adequately - Consumer Affairs
• 'Exploding' watermelons hit farmers in China - Telegraph UK
• Border patrol foils bologna smuggling attempts - CNN
• Carla Hall to Give $10K for New Cat Food Recipe - - Broward New Times
• Obesity Could Be Big Factor in Kids' Daytime Sleepiness - NPR
• Some ob-gyns turn away overweight patient - S.F. Sun-Sentinel
• Proposal to Cut Back Potatoes in Schools Causes Food Fight - WSJ
• A mission of hope in an urban garden - CNN
(Image: Food News Journal)