In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A great piece from NPR on the tensions within the organic community. Plus, America's largest cookbook collection, and the newly-discovered charms of coconut oil.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Bakers reimagine the famous Mardi Gras cake - Washington Post
• Single salty meal reduces blood flow in just 30 min - Daily Mail
• Growing Debate: How To Define 'Organic' Food - NPR
• Dinner with the 'Chief of the Food Police' - Washington Post
• Libya food supplies 'under deep stress' - BBC
• Chef builds kitchen of chocolate and sugar - Chicago Tribune
• Once a Villain, Coconut Oil Charms - New York Times
• America's Largest Cookbook Collection - Slashfood
• Better nutrition at the end of the rainbow - Chicago Tribune
• Does being a woman = Knowing Nothing About Wine? - Village Voice
(Image: Food News Journal)