In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The Miami New Times gets us all ready for deep-frying. Plus, cookbooks for carnivores, and the coming "wine war."
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• US launches food-safety campaign for holiday - Chicago Tribune
• Calories, not carbs, key to weight loss for diabetics - USA Today
• BPA Makes Male Mice Less Masculine, Appealing - TIME
• Israeli Anger Rises with Price of Cottage Cheese - Daily Forward
• An Ode to the Nacho - Gilt Taste
• 10 Things About Deep-Frying You Should Know - Miami New Times
• Cookbooks for carnivores: 5 recent titles are a cut above - Oregonian
• Unearthing tempranillo's subtleties - Washington Post
• The Coming Wine War - Jamie Goode's Wine Blog
• Pepsi, Coke Raise Prices Ahead of July 4 - Ad Age
(Image: Food News Journal)