In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A summit calls for a return to horse meat for food. Also, scientists struggle to defeat a banana blight, and Obama signs the food safety bill.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Obama signs food safety bill - USA Today
• Funding of food safety law yet to be found - Washington Post
• Can scientists defeat a devastating banana blight? - The New Yorker
• L.A. food trucks become the subject of an adult film - LA Times
• Vegas Summit Advocates Return to Horses as Food - ABC News/AP
• Bees in freefall as study shows sharp US decline - Guardian UK
• Officials, farmers divided on new urban ag rules - Chicago Tribune
• People claim healthier diets than they have - NY Daily News
• Food Deserts in America - Slate
• How (and why) to boil your garbage - The Sweet Beet
(Image: Food News Journal)