In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Lifehacker gets serious about cooking, and tackles the inefficient kitchen. Plus, how to read a wine bottle, and grease collectors fight over used cooking oil.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Military's extreme measures to meet body-fat rules - Washington Post
• 6 vie to becomes next chief of UN Food Agency - AP
• French chefs team up to safeguard Gallic gastronomy - Reuters
• Rahm Emanuel food policy takes page from Michelle Obama - CST
• Grease collectors spar over used cooking oil - Marketplace
• Farmers create new alliance to fight bad publicity - Bloomberg
• The Geek's Guide to Rebooting Your Kitchen - Lifehacker
• Taste Test: The Best Fast Food Oatmeal - Slate
• Vanishing America - Ruth Reichl
• How to read a wine bottle - Washington Post
(Image: Food News Journal)