In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Seattle recycles food into energy. Plus, does eating peanuts during pregnancy make your baby more likely to have an allergy? And is alcohol really a worse drug than heroin or crack cocaine, as a committee in England asserts?
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Grocery Automats Get a Rise out of German Bakers - WSJ
• GQ's Adam Rapoport will head Bon Appétit - Village Voice
• Peanuts in pregnancy may raise baby's allergy risk - National Post
• Seattle to recycle food waste into electricity - Voice of America
• Mich. fresh food efforts get $235K in grants - Chicago Tribune
• Even with health ed, many don't plan to eat more produce - UPI
• DNA Barcoding Aims to Protect Species and Food - ABC News
• Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin or crack' - Guardian UK
• Wine tips for fall meals - Palm Beach Post
• Digging Treasured Truffles - Wine Enthusiast
(Image: Food News Journal)