In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A crazy new iPhone app from Japan. Plus, nutmeg cocktails for the holidays and a report on food insecurity during the recession.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Allergy Experts Say Peanut Bans Are an Overreaction - NPR
• iPhone App Takes Food Pictures, Counts Calories - TIME
• More families had trouble buying food amid recession - LA Times
• Home cooks can now sell their products legally - Detroit Free Press
• Farmers dump produce in face of cheap imports - Herald Sun
• Cyanide concern prompts snack-food recall - NZ Herald
• A Fat Tax? No, Let's Be Free - Christian Science Monitor
• Nutmeg Cocktails for the Holidays - Saveur
• A beer-pong business? Have you been drinking? - Richmond BizSense
• Cisco co-founder now sells organic turkeys in Va. - Washington Post