In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Warnings to dieters on going gluten-free for the purpose of losing weight (gluten-free doesn't mean carb-free, people). Plus, scientists show proof that organic milk is better for you.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Dieters warned on going gluten-free -
• More expensive, but is organic the best wine? - Seattle PI
• Drugstores, Target wants your grocery business - WTOP
• USDA calls for dramatic change in school lunches - USA Today
• UN agency warns of shortfall in fight on hunger - Washington Post/AP
• Scientists: Organic milk is better for you - The Independent
• NH warns of fradulent food-safety inspectors - Boston Globe
• Wedding cake 2.0 - Chicago Tribune
• Women Farmers Grow Strong - NPR
• The sustainability and safety of fake meat products - Grist
(Image: Food News Journal)