In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Bittman weighs in on the E. coli outbreak. Plus, a robot learns to bake cookies, and the SF health department bans fried grasshoppers.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• More Stomach-Churning Facts about the E. Coli Outbrea - NY Times
• EU offers farmers $300 million for E. coli crisis - SF Chronicle
• Cavemen grew GM rice more than 10,000 years ago - Daily Mail
• Report: Regulators Knew Herbicide Causes Birth Defects - Huff Post
• Urban farm school for teen moms to be shut down - Grist
• Special Report: Inside Germany's E.coli hunt - Reuters
• SF Health Dept. Bans Fried Grasshoppers - SF Weekly
• Dieters More Likely to Trust Food Packaging - US News
• Something fishy going on in U.S. seafood market? - CBS News
• MIT robot is learning how to bake cookies - Seattle PI
(Image: Food News Journal)