In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: New research reveals a very nasty sort of yeast with a propensity to grow in dishwashers. (Eek!) Plus, potatoes and weight gain, and a look at the FDA's struggles with imported food.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Italian hi-tech software teaches perfect pasta skills - BBC
• You Say Potato, Scale Says Uh-Oh - Wall Street Journal
• Scientists may have identified Olive Oil's Secret Weapon - Wine Spec
• Nasty yeast grows in dishwashers - Independent
• Angry buzz rises among neighbors of beekeepers - USA Today
• NYC's Underground Railroad for Escaped Farm Animals - CS
• Hungary to impose world's most comprehensive junk-food tax - GP
• How to Make Strawberry Wine - Guardian
• 10 Ways to Reduce Food Waste at Home - GOOD
• Imported Foods: The FDA Tells What It's Up Against - Atlantic
(Image: Food News Journal)