In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: An unlikely ingredient gets recalled for salmonella fears. Plus, port wine seeks a modern image, and the food safety bill gets hung up on procedural issues.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Port Wine Seeks a Modern Image - New York Times
• Salmonella-hit egg company gets FDA okay - USA Today
• Procedural problem threatens food safety bill - Washington Post
• Michelle Obama's child nutrition bill derailed - Politico
• Review: Fruits, vegs, don't reduce overall cancer risk - Guardian UK
• Higher food prices are here for a while - USA Today
• Overeating, Like Drug Use, Rewards, Alters Brain - NPR
• Pediatrician: Get the white out of baby's first foods - USA Today
• Nutmeg sold by Whole Foods, Frontier Natural recalled - Oregonian
• Virginia farmers work on new food system - WHSV
(Image: Food News Journal)