In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The child nutrition bill en route to President Obama's desk is causing confusion for organizers of school fundraisers and bake sales. Plus, Ten Speed Press releases digital cookbooks, how to cook steak in your fireplace, and hunting for truffles in Oregon.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• School Bake Sales to be "Approved, Infrequent" - Food Safety News
• Contaminated Butter Points to Need for Better Surveillance - Business Week
• An Autumn Without Oysters in New Orleans - Culinate
• How to Cook a Steak in Your Fireplace - Esquire
• Hunting Oregon Truffles - Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
• The Roman Feast Att Home Feat - Food Nouveau
• Top 10 European Seasonals to Try - Lincoln Courier
• Mixing Drinks, Adding Class - New York Times
• There's a Gift of Fresh Produce In These Boxes - Daily Pilot
• KFC Plans to Double Size in Africa to 1200 Stores - Forbes
(Image: Food News Journal)